Tuesday, October 18, 2011

How to Find Your Balance Points – For Necklines and Jewellery

How to Find Your Balance Points – For Necklines and Jewellery

This is a great article for fashionistas – plus sized or not! I can’t tell you how many times I have fell in love with a piece bought it….and then total frowny face cause it doesn’t look right. I admit that I will often “fix” said pieces…and love my new pieces even more than the original!However I know that most people can not do that which makes this article so very relevant.

I am just going to highlight some of the key points…after all the link is there for you to peruse at your leisure—be sure to bookmark!

First what is Balance Point?:  It’s a concept divised by the amazing Carla Mathis which she discussed in her book The Triumph of Individual Style : A Guide to Dressing Your Body, Your Beauty, Your Self who discovered it when studying portrait art – it’s a set of measurements that create a look of ‘balance’ which we find attractive and appealing.

Here is her diagram to give you an idea of where they are and how to measure for them:

veddy veddy interesting…so for all you ladies who keep finding accessories that you feel don’t fit properly, save to refer back to later!

Smooches Sugah!

No comments:

Post a Comment