Thursday, March 10, 2011

Whats in a name?

This post is inspired by post from a great blog resource website – BlogEnergizer.com -

March 6-12 is Celebrate Your Name Week. No matter what niche your business is in, there is plenty for you to blog about during this week. Here are a few suggestions:

I wanted to talk about my decision to name my new venture, Tiff’s Glitz & Glam. Even though I am not what you would call a girly girl, I love my sparkly stuff. Rings, necklaces, other accessories and sexy shoes are the things that MAKE an outfit. With that in mind I decided to showcase items that attract my eye when I am choosing items from my vendors. These are not just items that I buy boxes of and list on a website. I personally look over pages and pages (and sometimes even more pages) for funky, unique, eclectic pieces that speak to me….and should speak to my potential customers. I know that I rarely buy pieces that come from a rack that has 30 other identical pieces like it. I like my jewelry and shoes to spark comments like that’s so unusual..or I never seen those before!

I could have chosen a name that was less specific but when deciding on my brand I wanted to make it personal. I did not want to be another faceless boring internet shopping website. I want my customers to know that I am a real person who is doing what she loves!

No comments:

Post a Comment